Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kucinich Support in Iowa Relevant in California

Here in Oakland/Berkeley part of California, where "Barbara Lee Speaks for Me", we have some pretty hard core liberals.

Just around the corner from me, at the Grand Lake Theater (a multiplex in a residental area of Oakland), the marquis is permanently emblazoned with a call to impeach President Bush.

So against that backdrop, it doesn't surprise me to find that some people that I call express a desire to vote for Kucinich. But they also know that in a race that is getting really tight, their vote for a protest candidate will forfeit their right to chose a viable one.

I am happy to point out to these voters that when it counted, and Kucinich had no reason to avoid endorsing another candidate, he picked Obama.

This is from the Kucinich campaign press release:

"... But in those caucus locations where my support doesn't reach the necessary threshold, I strongly encourage all of my supporters to make Barack Obama their second choice. Sen. Obama and I have one thing in common: Change."

Amongst the most progressive voters, Kucinich's opinion matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment